OOSC Preliminary Data OOI Release Update Nov 2014
Note – this information is provided by UNOLS/OOSC. The information is based on various sources within NSF and OOI. The information is not official NSF or OOI information.
Data is now available at the following link - http://oceanobservatories.org/data/
The plan is to release preliminary data as soon as possible after a system is deployed. The operators of the system want to:
- Make sure the signal from the instrument gets checked post deployment prior to sending any data out.
- Make sure that there is a practical mechanism to pull and post pre-commissioned (preliminary) data.
Phasing of OOI components
- Pioneer will be the first to provide preliminary data. We note that it has been doing this sporadically for the past few months. See below for schedule.
- Endurance will be second to provide preliminary data.
- Cabled array – no plan available – expected soon.
- Climate buoys – no plan available but expected in February. Note – some deployments will not be until mid-2015 due to ship and weather constraints.
Pioneer Preliminary release schedule:
- L0 and L1 data products for the wire following profilers and the gliders will be available by November 21.
- Coastal Surface Piercing Profiler, surface mooring – end of January
- Surface Mooring (with fuel cell), AUVs and docks) – Early May