Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA
UNOLS is holding training on the Research Vessel Safety Standard's Appendix A & B.
The workshop will take place at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution in the David Bldg. Although UNOLS and WHOI are hosting the meeting, participants are expected to cover their own travel and lodging costs. Lunch and refreshments will be provided both days.
Topics to be covered will include:
- What has existed over the last 10 years
- Record Keeping
- Regulatory Basis (CFRs)
- Testing Requirements
- Synthetic Lines - The Future
- What is and is not handling equipment
- Handling Gear Brought Aboard
- Exceptions for Uninspected Vessels
- Evaluate Real World Examples from the ARF
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Inn on the Square, 40 N. Main St, Falmouth, MA 02540. You can make reservations by telephone at 1-888-744-5394 or by this link: Inn on the Square
Please RSVP using this link if you plan on attending: RSVP Here