The Research Vessel Technical Enhancement Committee Listserv is a forum for marine technicians to discuss and share information on instrumentation, equipment, tools, procedures, etc. used to support science operations on oceanographic research vessels. The UNOLS Office archives these discussions as an informational resource for the UNOLS Marine Technician community.
Since February 2015, the emails of the RVTEC listserv have been archived in a RVTEC Google Group for easier archiving and searching capabilities. This group is private so please contact the UNOLS Office if you would like to access. You must currently be on the RVTEC listserv to view the archive.
The RVTEC Listserv technical discussions and resources generated prior to February 2015 have been saved and categorized by the topics below.
- Bottom Sampling
- Data Acquisition Systems, Management and Tools
- General Science Equipment and References
- Lab Equipment and Instrumentation
- Meteorological Data and Systems - all things met
- Nets and Trawls
- Overboard Handling Systems (OHS) - All things winch, wire, A-frames, etc
- Radioiosotope/Haz Mat Safety and Handling
- Salinity and Salinometers
- Shipboard IT/Communications
- Sonars and Acoustics
- Underway Seawater System
- Water Column Sampling and Instrumentation
- Video Library