Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
• Maintains the safe and efficient operation of engines, auxiliary and plant machinery, generators, motors, fuel oil system, including maintaining the Oily Water Separator, keeping the Oil Record Book updated and maintaining the water making equipment.
• Is responsible for the proper operation, condition, and economy of the fuel oil system, including monitoring gauges and repairing equipment. Supervises bunkering and fuel oil transfer, and pumps ballast.
• Assists, while in port, with maintenance and repair of engine room equipment and spaces, and in loading freshwater and bunkers. Keeps a log of all watch operations and conditions, including unusual occurrences and emergency signals.
• Stands engine room watch, supervises Oiler, and ensures watches are stood properly and orders carried out.
• Proficiency in the following: Diesel engines, electrical maintenance and troubleshooting electronics, hydraulics, reading of both hydraulic and electrical schematics, HVAC equipment, and air compressors.
• Performs other duties as required
MMC 2AE of Motor Propelled, STCW, TWIC, Medical Certificate, Passport
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is the world's leading, independent non-profit organization dedicated to ocean research, exploration, and education. Our scientists and engineers push the boundaries of knowledge about the ocean to reveal its impacts on our planet and our lives.