Sea Education Association
Assumes administrative and supervisory responsibility for manning, operations and maintenance of vessels owned or operated by SEA, and for the safety of the programs at sea in accordance with government regulations and policies established by the board of trustees and president. Acts as staff liaison for the Marine Committee and Risk Management Committee, member of the Senior Management Group and attends pertinent SEA Trustee and Board Committee meetings.
• Five years experience coordinating/managing ships and crew in U.S. and foreign ports and on the high seas; must have excellent communication, interpersonal, administrative and project management skills
• Ability to develop and administer million dollar operating budgets
• 3-5 years of experience as a professional seagoing mariner
• 500T USCG STCW compliant Ocean Masters License with Auxiliary Sail endorsement required. 1600T license preferred
• BA/BS in transportation, engineering or science fields or equivalent combination of experience and education