A pdf version of this agenda is available at: <201210anuag.pdf>.
Annual Meeting - Day 1: Tuesday, October 23
1300 Introduction and Welcome – Bruce Corliss, UNOLS Chair, will call the meeting to order and provide opening remarks.
· Participant introductions.
1315 Federal Agency Reports:
· Information from Federal Agencies (NSF, ONR, NRL, Oceanographer of the Navy, NOAA, USCG, USGS, BOEM, and DOS) on budgets, 2012 activities, and forecasts for 2013 and beyond.
1400 Fleet Operations in 2012 and Recommendations for 2013:
· Summary of 2012 operations and the 2013 scheduling process (Stewart Lamerdin, SSC – 10 minutes)
· Summary of Agency Recommendations for 2013 Fleet Operations (Bob Houtman and Jon Alberts – 10 minutes)
· UNOLS Response to Agency Recommendations – (Debbie Steinberg, Robin Muench, Wilf Gardner, and Vernon Asper – 10 minutes)
1430 Review of UNOLS Membership Ballot Measures: Ballots were distributed to UNOLS Representatives by mail in September. (Bruce Corliss)
· UNOLS Council Elections: The slate of nominees can be viewed at: <http://www.unols.org/meetings/2012/201210anu/Slate2012.pdf>.
· Application for UNOLS Membership
1450 Facility Renewal Activities:
· Ocean Class Acquisition Update (Mike Prince – 10 minutes)
· Regional Class Acquisition Status (Bob Houtman – 10 minutes)
· R/V Sikuliaq Construction Update (Terry Whitledge – 10 minutes)
· Ocean Observatories Initiative – (Jean McGovern – 10 minutes)
· Alvin Upgrade Project – (Brian Midson – 10 minutes)
1540 COMMITTEE REPORTS – Bruce Corliss will introduce the UNOLS Committee Chairs who will report on their activities. (10 minutes each)
· 1540 Ship Scheduling Committee (SSC) – Stewart Lamerdin, SSC Chair, will review any ship-scheduling activities from the past year that have not already been reported.
Committee Reports to be continued on Day Two.
1700 Adjourn – Day 1
An evening reception hosted by UNOLS will follow immediately afterward.
The Meridian at Ballston - Club house
900 North Stuart Street, Arlington, VA (Across from NSF)
Annual Meeting – Day 2: Wednesday, October 24, 2012
0800 Coffee and Pastries
0830 Call Day-2 of the Meeting to Order: Bruce Corliss, UNOLS Chair.
0835 COMMITTEE REPORTS (continued from Day One) – Bruce Corliss will introduce the UNOLS Committee Chairs who will report on their activities.
· 0835 Research Vessel Operators' Committee (RVOC) – Joe Malbrough, RVOC Chair-Elect, will review the highlights of the 2012 RVOC meeting, Committee activities over the past year, and plans for 2013.
· 0845 Research Vessel Technical Enhancement Committee (RVTEC) – David Fisichella, RVTEC Chair, will report on RVTEC activities in 2012 and plans for the RVTEC Annual Meeting to be hosted by LDEO.
· 0855 DEep Submergence Science Committee (DESSC) – Peter Girguis, DESSC Chair, will report on DESSC activities and plans for their fall meeting in December.
· 0905 Arctic Icebreaker Coordinating Committee (AICC) –AICC activities will be reported by Robin Muench (AICC Chair) including an update on 2012 science operations and 2013 plans for Healy and the Polar Class Icebreakers.
· 0915 Marcus Langseth Science Oversight Committee (MLSOC) – Jon Alberts will provide an update on R/V Langseth operations and plans for the MLSOC fall meeting.
· 0925 Scientific Committee for Oceanographic Aircraft Research (SCOAR) – Dan Schwartz will report on the committee’s August meeting and future activities.
· 0935 Ocean Observing Science Committee (OOSC) – Larry Atkinson will report on OOSC’s activities in 2012 and future plans.
0945 UNOLS Goals and Activities: Review the progress made on UNOLS goals and plans for the coming year:
· Greening the UNOLS Fleet (Bruce Corliss – 10 minutes)
· Polar Research Vessels Coordination: Cooperative Efforts between UNOLS, OPP, and OCE
Ø Refresh of Science Mission Requirements for a Polar Research Vessel and follow-on activities (Tim McGovern – 10 minutes)
Ø OPP Regional Class Requirements for Antarctic (Stewart Lamerdin – 10 minutes)
· UNOLS Speaker Series (Bruce Corliss – 10 minutes)
· 2012/2013 UNOLS Goals and Priorities – Bruce Corliss will present the 2012/2013 UNOLS Goals and Priorities as established by the UNOLS Council. (5 minutes)
1040 Rolling Deck to Repository (R2R) – An update on the project activities, advisory committee, and plans. (Bob Arko, LDEO)
1050 Consortium for Ocean Leadership Report - (Kevin Wheeler)
1100 Interagency Working Group on Facilities and Infrastructure (IWG-FI) Update - (RADM Devany and Bob Winokur)
1110 UNOLS Reports:
· Recognition of departing Council and Committee members. – Bruce Corliss
· UNOLS Appointments to Committees – Bruce Corliss
· UNOLS Dues Accounting – Jon Alberts
· UNOLS Calendar and activities at winter conferences – Jon Alberts
1130 Meeting participants will have the opportunity to raise additional issues.